THE SUCCESSFUL GENERAL PRACTICE OWNER CONFERENCE 2021 VER 2.0
We are back with ver 2.0 of The Successful General Practice Owner (SGPO) Digital Conference 2021, scheduled for 7th & 8th August ‘.21 A digital event dedicated to the General Practice Community, where experts in their chosen fields will share knowledge on the latest trends & tools to meet growing challenges and capitalise on opportunities. The key focus of the event will be Recruitment, you will hear from the best in the industry on how you can stand out in the GP drought! Book Now, if you want to stay ahead of competitors and peers. You cannot afford to miss this event!
Dr Amantha Imber Founder - Inventium
Claire Ponsford Co-Founder and owner – Wavelength International
Chris Smeed Co-founder & CEO - Cubiko
Dr Michael Clements Chair, RACGP Rural Council and GP Owner
DR EMILY CARROLL Co-Owner at Pear Tree Family Practice
Mike Watson Founder and Director - Design Doctors Australia
Lachlan McPherson Founder & Director - Healthsite
Paul Copeland Director - William Buck
Dr Karen Price RACGP President
Sarah Boorman Operations Manager - M3 Health
Marcus Wilson CEO - Surgical Partners
Lee Selsick Co-Founder at Next Brand
DR SACHIN B PATEL Founder & Director - Aged Care GP and Co-Founder - Scale My Clinic
DR TODD CAMERON Co-Founder - M3Health and Co-Founder - Scale My Clinic
7th August 2021
Dr Todd Cameron and Dr Sachin Patel
Dr Sachin Patel
The Growth Cycle Of a Clinic
- Focusing on the right activity at the right time is one of the keys to success. In this session, we will walk through the Growth Stages of a clinic and what attention should be focused at each stage.
The Power Of Branding To Attract Doctors and Patients
- My presentation will begin by dispelling myths about the value of design and branding to smaller, privately-owned businesses – those that suggest branding is a ’soft issue’ and that returns that are somehow vague and immeasurable.
- I will then show how branding and design adds value with four key outcomes – one of which is the creation of valuable relationships. This is a key component in attracting the very best talent and generating better net promoter scores with your patients.
GP recruitment – Stand out in a GP Drought
- In this session you will learn strategies for sourcing and attracting GPs for your practice and the importance of running a structured selection and onboarding process to ensure you are hiring the right person for your team who will contribute to the long term success of your practice.
Clinic Design That Attracts GPs and PatientsLearn how to identify a good site, use your space more efficiently and prepare your practice for the changes in healthcare provision that are already happening.
- How much space do I need?
- How much does it cost?
- How long does it take?
- How do I futureproof?
The Accounting Roadmap
- All about recruitment and retention of doctors.
- Good doctors will always have options and Lifestyle options – something to suit the doctor and their family
- What motivates the doctor? Teaching? Money?
- Contracts and marketing – support for their special interests – review your patient base
- The finance and business function of a general practice plays an important role not only in the recruitment of doctors but keeping the doctors you have.
- In a tight market you can be assured that your doctors are being approached on a regular basis by recruiters and even other practice owners to come and work for them.
- Each doctor will have different motivators that tick their boxes and it is important for a practice owner to be aware of these and then ensure that their practice can deliver on them.
- A strategic plan and then an implementation plan can help to ensure that your entire team is working cohesively to deliver your Vision of your practice and to be the best you can be.
- A strong finance function, where the owner and practice manager are across the “numbers” of the practice can ensure that the practice is performing financially and that you understand the value of each doctor and what they bring to the practice. Understanding your finances is also necessary to minimise wastage and every financial opportunity is being taken advantage of.
Dr Emily Carroll
- The session is where we are going to hear from both a Practice Owner and Practice Manager about their leadership journey, working together and how they are able to build a success for doing that.
- Networking Event In this virtual environment, you may feel that connection might be missing! Not in this conference, during the networking event you will be able to join the speakers in breakout rooms, connect and ask questions of. You will also be able to mingle with other guests, enjoy the company of each other
8th August 2021
A DIGITAL EVENT
Here's what our participants have to say
Practice Owner/Managing Director Of Bauhinia Health – Katherine, NT
Kerry and Anthony Kreservic
Owner | Edmonton Family Medical Centre | QLD
Principal GP/Owner | Lighthouse Surgery | NSW
Owner | Mayfield Medical Connection | NSW
Aspiring General Practice Owner
Managing Director SIA Medical Centre – Victoria